Thursday, June 10, 2004

HistoryBuff.com - What Kids Living in Oklahoma City Had to Say About the Bombing There

Whether or not people realize it Libraries and Librarians can impact our lives in ways we would never imagine. Here's one such story that was collected at HistoryBuff.com - What Kids Living in Oklahoma City Had to Say About the Bombing There:
"I was in 2nd hour block when the principle came on the intercom and said...If you are a child who's parents work downtown please come to the library at this time.' My heart was pounding. I could feel the adrenalin flowing through my body. I took one glance as my teacher, He knew. He shook his head and said, 'Take the hall pass.' I grabbed the hall pass. The only thing going through my mind was not my mom please god don't take my mom. As I walked into the library, I was almost crushed. I asked the librarian about the bombing and told her that my mom works down town. The librarian said, 'Sit here I will be back in a moment...' "

No comments: