Friday, March 04, 2005

Tahlequah Daily Press | Dr. Seuss

Tahlequah Daily Press: "'I do not like green eggs and ham; I do not like them, Sam I Am,' screamed hundreds of kids at Cherokee Elementary Tuesday morning.

The Cat in the Hat, Thing 2, and Sam I Am were all at Cherokee for the Oklahoma Education Association's Read Across America Cat-A-Van stop, celebrating the birthday of world-renowned children's author, Theodor Seuss Geisel, better known as Dr. Seuss.

Today marks the 101st birthday of the beloved children's author, and also marks the National Education Association's Read Across America Day, which is set aside to focus on the importance of reading. Geisel was born March 2, 1904, in Springfield, Mass.

'The fact that these three people [The Cat in the Hat, Thing 2 and Sam I Am] can mesmerize so many children is just amazing,' said Becky Felts, vice president of the OEA. 'It's also a tribute to the power of Dr. Seuss.'"

No comments: