ASSISTANT PROFESSOR, HUMANITIES/SOCIAL SCIENCES LIBRARIAN, TENURE TRACK
Serve as an instructor for the one credit hour course on the use of libraries and information technologies (LBSC 1011). Participate in the promotion, delivery and evaluation of the course. Other duties include assisting in providing general reference service including evening and weekend rotations; collection management and faculty liaison duties to focus on Marketing and Accounting; participate in orientation and instruction activities and serve on Library committees as needed. Reports to the Head of the Humanities and Social Sciences Division.
Must demonstrate the following:
* Excellent communication skills.
* Ability to work effectively with individuals with diverse backgrounds;
* demonstrated familiarity with print and electronic information resources;
* ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines;
* and a record of providing excellent service.
* Three years post-MLS experience providing reference services in an academic or large public library;
* experience using emerging new technologies that support reference services;
* library instruction experience;
* active participation in state or national professional organizations.
$34,000 minimum for 11 months. Academic rank dependent upon qualifications and prior experience.
Social security; health and life insurance; retirement benefits available under state system and TIAA/CREF; 12 holidays; and 22 days of sick leave. Opportunity to work towards advanced degree.
Application review begins on October 13, 2006, and continues until position is filled.
Send cover letter, resume, and names and addresses of three professional references to:
Jackie German, Administrative Officer
Edmon Low Library
Oklahoma State University
Stillwater, OK 74078-1071
All candidates invited for on-campus interviews will be required to make a presentation to the faculty.
Applicants are invited to visit the Library’s web site at: http://www.library.okstate.edu/personnel/index.htm
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER; MINORITIES AND WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT MUST COMPLY WITH IRCA.