Thursday, April 12, 2007

Free Ubuntu Workshop


I believe this might be the first library programming of this type in Oklahoma (please correct me if I'm wrong). And I'm proud to say that two gentlemen I work with have developed this introduction. Yes I know this is a little early -- but I want to make sure the word gets out -- so mark your calendars and feel the linux love on Thursday, May 31 from 3pm-5pm !






Introduction to Ubuntu
Registration begins on May 1 at 9am, in the Norman Public Library Computer Training Center. After 12pm on May1, You can call 701-2620 to register.
Intended for the intermediate/advanced computer user -- Minimum registration of 5 for the class to be presented



Do you have an older computer running Windows 95 or 98?
Do you want to upgrade to a more secure operating system?
Do you want to learn about Open Source?
Then you’ll want to learn more about Ubuntu...

What is Ubuntu?
Ubuntu is a community developed, linux-based operating system that is perfect for laptops, desktops and servers. It contains all the applications you need - a web browser, presentation, document and spreadsheet software, instant messaging and much more.



No comments: