Connors State College (Warner – Muskogee, Oklahoma) has a position opening for full-time librarian. See attached position description. The position description is also on Connors’ web page at http://www.connorsstate.edu/ under the “Employment” link that is beneath the picture. Employment applications are also available under the “Employment” link. Applications should be submitted as directed on the web page.
Connors State College is a two-year, public junior/community college located in Warner, a small, rural community of approximately 1,400. There is a branch campus approximately 20 miles north in Muskogee, a city of approximately 38,000 population. Headcount enrollment at Connors is around 2,000.
Applicants must possess a master’s degree from an ALA-accredited program. Community college experience is preferred but not required. Preferred experience includes knowledge of and experience with integrated library management systems – circulation (Voyager), OCLC, MS Office, etc., and a working knowledge of all aspects of library operations including administration and supervision.
Start date for this position is scheduled for July 1, 2007.
Position: Librarian, 12-month position, Connors State College, Warner – Muskogee, OK.
Reports to: Director of the Library Learning Center
Position Classification: Professional Staff
- Qualifications -
- Educational Background:
Master’s degree from an ALA accredited program
A minimum of three years of significant library experience. Relevant leadership or supervisory experience preferred. Community college experience preferred.
C. Special Skills or Requirements:
- Evidence of leadership skills.
- Evidence of a strong user-centered public service philosophy.
- Evidence of effective communication, presentation, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of academic library operations and services.
- Knowledge of and experience with current and emerging library and instructional technologies, including distance learning.
- Experience with integrated library management systems (Voyager preferred).
- Demonstrated proficiency in budgeting, resource management and staff supervision.
- Demonstrated experience in library outreach and promotion of services.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to community college education.
- Demonstrated ability to foster a positive and collegial library environment as well as the ability to work with all constituencies.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and collaborate effectively with faculty, students and staff.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and to the role of the community college as an “open door” educational institution.
- Demonstrated teaching/instructional skills.
2. General Function -
The librarian, under the supervision of and in coordination with, the Director of the Library Learning Center, will be responsible for all aspects of campus library services including the overall leadership, administration, operation, development and assessment of the Westbrook Library Learning Center.
- Specific Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following, in cooperation and in coordination with, the Director of the Library Learning Center:
- Coordinates all aspects of campus library services, including materials selection, collection maintenance, cataloging, interlibrary loan, reference, circulation, staff and student training.
- Provides leadership and overall management for the library within the framework of the College’s mission and goals.
- Maintains a close working relationship with all aspects of the campus community to support the curricular and information needs of the college.
- Responsible for recruitment, development, supervision and evaluation of all paraprofessional library staff and student employees.
- Prepares an annual budget for the library.
- Plans for the library’s future, including annual and long-range strategic planning.
- Conducts continuous assessment and continuous improvement of all library services, resources and facilities.
- Coordinates all current and emerging library technologies and networked information services and resources, including the library web site.
- Responsible for library facilities management.
- Develops and implements library policies and procedures in collaboration with library staff and appropriate college personnel, advisory groups and outside agencies.
- Prepares reports and other information for local, state and national agencies relative to library services.
- Advocates and promotes the library.
- Serves on college committees and represents the college at appropriate local, state, and regional professional meetings and organizations.
- Actively pursues professional growth and development and encourages paraprofessional library staff to pursue educational opportunities.
- Coordinates and maintains a current inventory of library collections at all campus locations.
- Serves as a resource and reference person for instructors and students.
- Performs other tasks and duties as assigned by the Director of the Library Learning Center and the Vice-President for Academic Services.