Librarian Level II, Oklahoma Department of Libraries, Information, Interlibrary Loan & Technical Services Division, Oklahoma City, OK
We are recruiting applicants for a Librarian, Level II position which would be assigned to the Head of Information Services in the Information, Interlibrary Loan & Technical Services Division.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Providing Reference service to phone, walk-in and virtual patrons, including Oklahoma related queries.
• Verifying and processing Interlibrary Loan requests.
• Selecting materials to enhance the Oklahoma collection, Main Library collection and Interlibrary Loan service.
• Maintaining Oklahoma collection materials by shelving, filing in vertical files and identifying materials for bindery, or digital preservation.
• Evaluating divisions’ websites for content, functionality, usability, accessibility and visual appeal. Developing unit's presence on the web in conjunction with agency's Web manager.
• Ability to work as a team member within a division consisting of multiple departments and functions.
Applicants must possess a master’s degree in Library and Information Science from a program accredited by the American Library Association and two years of professional library experience.
Preferred experience may include knowledge of and experience with integrated library management systems, i.e. Voyager; OCLC; Microsoft Office software and web authoring tools.
The OPM job family descriptor is located online at:
Salary and Benefits:
The monthly salary range is $2,382.50- $3,970.83. A one year probationary period is required, in accordance with OAC 530:10-11-30. Leave benefits include 3 weeks of annual leave per year with increasing amounts available after 5 years of service; 10 hours per month of sick leave; and 10 to 12 paid holidays. The state has a defined benefit pension plan and a deferred compensation option. Full coverage of health insurance for employee and partial coverage of dependents are also provided.
This is a classified position under the Oklahoma Merit System. The Office of Personnel Management must certify all applicants as eligible for this position. All applicants must complete a state employment application form and submit it to the Office of Personnel Management, 2101 N. Lincoln Blvd., Room G-80, Oklahoma City, OK 73105. This form may be downloaded at: http://www.ok.gov/opm/documents/opm-4.pdf
We also ask that you send a letter of application, resume and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three references to: Marilyn Miller, Head of Information Services, Information, Interlibrary Loan & Technical Services Division, Oklahoma Department of Libraries, 200 N.E. 18th Street, Oklahoma City, OK 73105.
The Office of Personnel Management will close the register for this position on June 6 . This position is available July 1, 2007.
The Oklahoma Department of Libraries is an equal opportunity employer.