Friday, June 20, 2008

Quick random notes...

I'm still looking for additional Okie library lovers and librarians to help pass along Okie library news - so if you are interested drop me a line. Already had a couple of familiar and new friends come out of the shadows to offer up help - and I know they will offer some fabulous content.

A couple things to keep you partially interested in the mean time...






SPORE! Creature Creator! - imagine a teen program based on this - forget trick my book truck - try trick a better information professional ;-) (yes that's my critter I made)






We've enabled social bookmarking interface on my library's website. So now if you find an article of interest or an event you are going to attend and want to share with friends you can click a button - login to your favorite social networksite and easily share it. (Scroll to the bottom of the linked page to test it) - Why? Well because I am of the belief libraries don't need to have myspace/facebook/etc pages -- we would get our word out more if we let our patrons easily mash our libraries with their social network. So this is a first step - of many that we hope to make that will allow patrons to incorporate library events/news into their social networks without having to spread our staff time thin in trying to be everywhere at once. (Very short answer to a very complicated question)


Firefox 3 - looooovin' it


I'm going to Anaheim next week to finish up my emerging as a leader. It's been an interesting experience - and we'll be presenting our poster. So if you happen to be around the Hilton - California Pavillion C on June 27, from 3-5pm, stop by and say Hi!


Oh and I'm currently reading Little Brother - so far my recommendation is you should too.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

"Why? Well because I am of the belief libraries don't need to have myspace/facebook/etc pages -- we would get our word out more if we let our patrons easily mash our libraries with their social network."

Mega kudos to you and your library because this is the best "2.0" idea ever. IMHO.

Anonymous said...

Read it. Loved it! My son is reading it now.

jana h.

Anonymous said...

"Little brother" -- that is. =-)

jana h.