Institution: El Reno Carnegie Library
Date posted: 11/5/2008
OPEN SENIOR MANAGEMENT POSITION
The City of El Reno is accepting resumes and applications for the position of Head Librarian starting salary $36,279.36. The Head Librarian reports to the Community Services Director of the City of El Reno. The Head Librarian performs a variety of administrative and supervisory work and complex clerical work in planning, organizing and implementing the programs and services of the library system.
Required Knowledge of:
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of modern library systems and programs.
- Thorough knowledge of library collection classification and selection techniques.
Considerable knowledge of equipment and facilities utilized in a comprehensive library system.
- Considerable knowledge of community library needs and resources.
- Working knowledge of the principles and practices of office management, work organization and supervision.
- Skill in operation of listed tools and equipment.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, and utilize a variety of reports and records.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain courteous and effective working relationships with other employees, supervisors, other departments, and the general public.
Required Education and Experience:
Education and Experience:
(A) Graduation from a college or university with a bachelor's degree in library science, liberal arts, public administration or a closely related field, and
(B) Five years of progressively responsible experience in library operations, including two years in a supervisory capacity, or
(C) Any equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position will be advertised internally and externally and will be accepted until 5 pm on November 21, 2008; to obtain an application please visit www.cityofelreno.com follow the employment link to download the application. Once you have completed the application you may mail it along with a resume to:
The City of El Reno
P. O. Drawer 700
El Reno, Ok. 73036
Attn: Catherine Wilson, Human Resources Director
The City of El Reno is an equal opportunity employer.