POSITION: Government Documents Librarian
400 Civic Center
Tulsa, OK 74103
SALARY RANGE:$40,284 - $58,284
40 hours per week
Includes evenings & weekends
Tulsa City-County Library (TCCL) seeks an innovative, forward-thinking, technology savvy applicant and committed library professional to join the system as its Government Documents Librarian. The position is primarily responsible for the selection, development, maintenance and marketing of Tulsa City-County Library's federal, state, and local government documents print and online collections and for providing assistance to customers and staff in the use of the collection.
1. Markets and promotes government information and resources to library staff and the community;
2. Maintains and evaluates government documents collections, identifying appropriate additions to and withdrawals from the collections in accordance with federal and state guidelines;
3. Maintains and develops an extensive government resources website including actively pursuing and collecting local and state web links;
4. Develops and leads workshops and tutorials for library staff and customers on government resources;
5. Remains current with new online services and resources including Internet sites produced and maintained by government agencies;
6. Provides research assistance via telephone, email and in person in locating materials and answering or guiding customers to appropriate sources of information;
7. Serves as the liaison/contact for the Federal Depository Library Program, the Oklahoma Publications Clearinghouse, and the State Data Center Affiliate Program; prepares and submits reports required by federal, state, and local agencies to insure TCCL compliance with depository rules and regulations; coordinates periodic inspections of collection by government officials;
8. Liaisons with community officials and agencies;
9. Serves as interlibrary loan source for federal and states documents;
10. Serves as GIS specialist;
11. Oversees cataloging using OCLC Connexion software for all newly received document titles; recatalogs and reclassifies materials as needed to conform to new cataloging decisions and GPO SuDoc changes; performs original cataloging as needed;
12. Supervises, trains, and evaluates government documents clerk in the physical maintenance of government documents collection.
1. Master’s Degree in Library Science;
2. Three to five years experience with government documents;
3. One or more years supervisory experience.
* Strong public speaking and marketing skills;
* Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills;
* First-rate teaching abilities and skills in communicating with groups;
* Proficiency using MS Office software, Windows, the Internet, and conducting online research;
* Thorough knowledge of Dreamweaver and Arc View 9 software;
* Strong teamwork and group skills;
* Enthusiasm for research and working with a wide variety of library customers;
* Working knowledge of and experience with OCLC;
* Knowledge of trends affecting the depository program at all levels (national, state, & local);
* Attendance at annual FDLP conferences required.
Tulsa City-County Library is the primary information and resource center for the Tulsa, Oklahoma, metropolitan area. More than 2 million volumes and numerous library services are available to the public. Services range from Internet access and online databases, to adult literacy tutoring and children's reading programs. The Central Library, four regional libraries, 19 branch libraries, and a Genealogy Center in Tulsa County serve over 355,000 library cardholders who check out more than 5 million books and materials each year.
Tulsa City-County Library was designated a selective federal depository in 1963 and a full state depository in 1978. In addition, the library is a repository for Tulsa County and City of Tulsa publications and as a State Data Center affiliate receives statistical and demographic materials from the Oklahoma Department of Commerce.
TCCL's Government Documents services were awarded the first-ever Federal Depository Library of the Year Award in 2003 for embracing new technology in its ongoing efforts to make public access to Government information more easily available and comprehensible.
TCCL was selected to participate in a beta test for Z39.50 access to GPO's catalog in the coming year.
Tulsa is a great place to live. Tulsans enjoy unsurpassed beauty, a well-educated, talented workforce, and cultural diversity. All of this ensures Tulsa remains a great place to live, raise a family and work. Tulsa’s cost of living is 8 percent below the national average and Tulsa County per capita income is 11 percent above the national average.
April 25, 2007
HOW TO APPLY:
COMPLETE AN APPLICATION:
Tulsa City-County Library
400 Civic Center
Tulsa, OK 74103
Email Your Resume
FAX YOUR RESUME TO: (918) 596-2641