Monday, June 18, 2007

Lists on WorldCat.org

Found this initially through It's all good -- and just received it in my email via OCLC.

From the email:

WorldCat.org has been enhanced with a social-networking feature: Users across the Web can now add individual items cataloged in WorldCat to personalized lists. They can group items owned by your library and other WorldCat libraries, and share their lists with friends, colleagues and millions of site users.

Users can add any book, video, article or another item to a list right from its WorldCat record, or use the checkboxes and "Save to" button in WorldCat search results.


Patrons can build as many lists as they like on any subject
They can make lists for every purpose—personal or professional, educational or recreational.
Some ideas:
* Movies I want to check out
* Mystery novels I recommend
* Research sources to review for my paper
* Excellent childrens' books
* Best CDs for learning about jazz


Visit WorldCat.org for more info and to make your own list. If you decide to make a list post the link in comments or email it to me and I'll share it!

1 comment:

Alice said...

Thanks Adri. Of course, I have a soft spot for Oklahoma Libraries--I lived there and used them for my first 18 years!

Three cheers for Larry Thorne, who has been the Director of the Alva Public Library since I used to peer over the circ desk and ask if I could stamp my own card...