Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Love for libraries from Tulsa

Love the Library
I love to read. However, being poor tends to limit my ability to buy the books that I love so much. There are the occasional yard sale, flea market, or thrift store finds. Unfortunately, you rarely find new books at any of those places.

That’s one of the nicest things about living inTulsa:Libraries. Libraries everywhere, whether rich or poor, new or old, the type of neighborhood doesn’t matter, there is a library in your area. I love that. A genuine love of reading was the best gift my family ever gave me, and I fully intend to pass that love on to my own children.

The Tulsa City-County Library system is an invaluable resource for parents. With school out for summer and children at home and underfoot 24/7, even the most patient and loving parents can reach the “I HAVE HAD ENOUGH” stage in no time. The library provides us with plenty of activities to enjoy with the kids over the summer break....

No comments: