What makes a good librarian?
• Good librarians don’t have to have gray hair pinned in a bun.
• Good librarians are patrons of their own library.
• Good librarians treat all people as first-class citizens and don’t require three things of them before assisting.
• Good librarians do their best management with a smile or a frown.
• Good librarians defend against censorship, not demand it of books and thought.
• Good librarians stand up for goodness and “The Golden Rule.”
• Good librarians read and know who Will Rogers was.
• Good librarians sometimes marry the President of the United States.
• I suspect that good librarians catalogue the rolls of Heaven.
Like Charlton Heston once said, “Behold, ... God!”
Sunday, July 29, 2007
It takes many things to make a good librarian -- Well I agree with part of these... :-)