Friday, July 18, 2008

Statewide My Favorite Book Contest

One of the new elements to the statewide Summer Reading Program this year is the My Favorite Book Contest. To participate, young readers come to the library and have their pictures taken with their favorite books. The contest is still ongoing and will be until SRP official ends. But several photos have already been sent in and uploaded. You gotta check these out, some of them are so creative, so adorable. Many brought in their own props and even dressed up as the character from the books they brought. I don't know about you all, but I'm anxiously awaiting additional photos, not to mention the announcement of the winner. However, with the risk of sounding cliche, regardless of who the winner is I just think this is a wonderful creative way for children/teens to get excited about books and express their tastes in reading.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You gotta check these out, some of them are so creative, so adorable

Anonymous said...

What a terrific idea! I love how the kids really got involved in some of them!