Friday, July 20, 2007

Author blogs about their trip to Grove Public Library


Evelyn's Tips and Tricks of Writing
...I passed by a hand-printed sign – "Garlic – next right." Not too odd for Oklahoma. Lots of people are selling watermelons, corn, okra, and even peaches on the roadside this time of year. But garlic? Someone must have had a bumper crop! Of course maybe it wasn't someone trying to sell garlic. Maybe it was a warning to all the vampires that might be traveling down that highway? I know what you're thinking and yeah, I probably did sniff too many fumes from the logging truck.


Thanks to "Rose" a member of the Grove Friends of the Library and the detailed map she kindly mailed me a week or so ago, I arrived at the library with 10 minutes to spare. Well, not really to spare since I had to unload all my vital supplies (poster, easel, books, bookmarks, purse, and candy) and find a ladies room so I could tame my windblown hair.


The Grove Public Library is only about two years old. It's a beautiful, modern building that someone clearly took greats pains to get the design just right. A stuffed pelican in a glass case takes center stage in the main room. The inside of the library is airy, light, with open shelving, multiple computer stations for patrons, and even a boat with carpeted seating and plush nautical themed beanbag chairs for the kids. It's a very, very nice place to spend a few hours or days....

No comments: