It seems the Happy Endings Foundation wants to make literature happy for everyone involved - readers and characters.
AT THE HAPPY ENDINGS FOUNDATION OUR AIMS ARE
* To eradicate sad thoughts from all literature
* To make people smile a little more often
* To encourage authors to write more uplifting books for children
* To highlight the dangers of reading sad books
* To unite parents of a similar thinking and create a force with which to be reckoned
* To protect the next generation of readers.
* And, above all, to ensure the longevity of HAPPY ENDINGS (that means "to make sure happy endings are around for a long time")
BTW- my guess is it's a spoof site -- but still kinda cute.